Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Great Honey Debate

So, while researching and trying to figure out this Vegan lifestyle that I have chosen, one question always lingered How come Honey is NOT considered Vegan?

Sources say because they are factory farmed like cows to make the honey, even though it is something leftover from the bees but it still happens and insects are considered living, breathing creatures with feelings. Plus if you are a true vegan you avoid ALL animal products.

Personally, I dont ever use hardly any honey with anything, normally though if I make a smoothie I would use it but I can just as well and have in the past substituted it with sugar. But vegan die hards do not use honey.

Good Articles on the subject: 
The Vegan Woman 
PETA
Vegetus

You Decide ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment